*** CALL FOR APPLICATIONS *** CD-LINKS Summer School on Integrated Assessment Models: A Tool for Science-Based Policy Making
In cooperation with CMCC, IIASA, and the support of EAERE, the CD-LINKS project is launching a Summer School aimed at providing advanced training for young international scholars on integrated assessment models. It will take place at the Palazzo Artigianelli, Venice, Italy from 30th June to 6th July 2019.
As environmental policy-making becomes increasingly informed by model simulations, it becomes crucial for researchers involved in this science-to-policy dialogue to obtain a basic understanding of how such models work, how they are developed and how to interpret their output.
The objective of the summer school is to create a community of young scholars from a broad range of disciplines, ranging from environmental and natural resource economists to energy engineers, physicists, system analyst and environmental scientists, interested in the topic of modelling human activities and the earth system in an integrated framework, commonly referred to as Integrated Assessment Modelling.
The school will cover the process of modelling the interaction between economic activities and the energy system, land use, forest and agriculture, water, and atmosphere, and whether and how these multi-dimensional implications could be aggregated or traded-off.
- History of the integrated assessment modelling of human activities and the earth system
- Past socio-demographic trends and implications for energy: future major trends
- Overview of land use, agriculture and food
- Overview of the modelling of impacts of climate change
- Modelling SDGs: The expansion of IAMs and bringing everything back together
- IAM development and their use: 3 National Experiences
More detailed information on the school are available in this overview document.
How to apply
Applicants are kindly requested to fill in the registration form available from here and send the following to cd-links.summer-school(@)iiasa.ac.at:
- your curriculum vitae;
- a letter of reference from your supervisor (with original signature);
- the first draft of the paper you will present (no length constraint).
Application deadline: 1st March 2019
Announcement of accepted applicants: 1st April 2019
Summer school held: 30th June to 6th July 2019
Any questions contact: cd-links.summer-school(@)iiasa.ac.at